Share | 

Paintbrushes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marilyn

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Paintbrushes   Thu May 14, 2009 4:28 am

I was told by a make up artist, that paint brushes are good to use as a cheaper alternative to make up brushes, especially if you are a budding make up artist. I have not tried them myself, any thoughts on this? cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astrid

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Paintbrushes   Thu May 14, 2009 7:57 am

Well I can't speak for the MUAs.
But what I can say is that I'm a painter and I can never find cheap brushes that are any good. I just know to get a decent paint brush you need to shell out the cash. I've yet to find a cheap brush that works as well as the good stuff. I am using them for oil paint though so the MUAs might have found they are a good alternative.

Ax
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DollyV

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Paintbrushes   Thu May 14, 2009 11:12 am

I use paintbrushes, craft store ones. You want a fairly good quality, and a good knowledge of the material they are made of. For example for angled work I use angled paintbrushes made of a soft nylon or taklon. Bristle brushes are nearly always far too abrasive for the eye. For blush, bronzing and loose powdering I use camel hair brushes. It's very very soft (feels lovely), I think it was described as a 'mop brush'.

Makeup works on the same principles as painting, but just like painting you have to know your medium and canvas. Be delicate, otherwise I highly recommend it!

N.B

Makeup is not entirely reliant on the tools used, like Sam showed in the finger makeup tutorial. If you are just starting out I don't see any reason why you should be expected to have the very expensive pro stuff right away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paintbrushes   

Back to top Go down

Paintbrushes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FASHIONFACE :: Beauty Forums :: Tools-
Jump to: