Professional and non-professional make-up chat
PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

creasing eyeshadow...

Go down 

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: creasing eyeshadow...   Tue May 26, 2009 9:27 am

everybody talks about how using a primer is supposed to stop that, i've never had a problem with creasing. my eyeshadows always stay on, they may fade a little but they never crease. is that normal, or am i just strange? (well i know i'm strange but referring to makeup)

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: creasing eyeshadow...   Tue May 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Hmmm creasing is a pain the in ass. Normally it occurs for me over long periods of time or if my eyelid gets sweaty (lovely!) It starts to look patchy, and makeup residue gets in the wrinkles of skin.

I think it's because my eyelid is not very big at all, but I have to say I use a lot of concealer on the lid prior to any eyeshadow to make it really sticky. I ALWAYS have problems with SILVER. EUGH. However I used a cream eyeshadow in silver the other day as a base, followed by some silve rpowder shadow, and then a light dusting all over with transluscent powder and everything was ok.

You're lucky if you're crease free!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: creasing eyeshadow...   Tue May 26, 2009 5:01 pm

You are normal. It's a matter of personal preference as to whether you wear primer or not.

I didn't wear primer for years but I've started to wear it now and the advantage that I can immediately see is that colours are more vibrant and blend a bit more easily and loose powders stay in place a bit better. Majority of the time I don't wear primer tbh just for special occasions etc.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: creasing eyeshadow...   Fri May 29, 2009 5:10 pm

You are perfectly normal, it means you don't have oily eyelids, lucky you.
However, as it has already been said, primers make the colours look more vibrant, but as you can see Sam and Nic don't use any and they look fabulous....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: creasing eyeshadow...   Sat May 30, 2009 3:33 am

I think how much you need eye primer for creasing depends on a many factors. Those include: your eye shape (my eyes are deeper set and hooded, so my shadow does tend to crease, the weather because it impacts your skin, your skin type--if you are oily and especially have oily lids you will benefit greatly from a primer, the products you use can also impact whether you benefit from an eye primer--like the type of foundation and shadow etc.

Personally, I got by with just using concealer to prime my lids for many years, and I often still do-- never had too much trouble creasing as long as I stuck with dry shadow formulas and I did not over-apply the concealer. I started using, and loving, Urban Decay Primer Potion because of all the raves and I really like it. It keeps my eye shadow looking fresh all day, so even if you don't crease you may benefit from an eye primer for other reasons Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-05

PostSubject: Re: creasing eyeshadow...   Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:03 pm

I always use a 'lid primer' on myself and clients. My fave to use isn't neccessarily a primer but never fails...MAC paint pots, in Painterly & BareStudy. They're nude coloursofo they work as a great base under any color. Try 'em!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: creasing eyeshadow...   Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:53 pm

I have oily lids so that is a problem for me. But I noticed that when I have much time for make-up and I use reapply-and-blend technique and do many layers the eyeshadows stay all day long!
And I don't use special primers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: creasing eyeshadow...   

Back to top Go down
creasing eyeshadow...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FASHIONFACE :: Beauty Forums :: General Make-up Talk-
Jump to: